Call for Proposals Madrid 2020
XXXI Bárány Society Meeting
TYPE OF SUBMISSION
The XXXI Bárány’s scientific committee opens the deadline to submit the proposals for its Symposia, Controversy panel and Free Papers for the Bárány 2020 Meeting.
The deadline for submissions is:
October 31st, 2019 at 17:00h Central European Time for Symposia and Controversy Panel.
March 1st, 2020 at 17:00h CET for Free Papers
Please note the following information regarding the structure of the scientific program. Proposals that bridge clinical and basic research are encouraged.
- Symposia will have a total duration of 1 hour. Assignment of presentation times—in intervals of 15 to 20 minutes , including time for discussion—is at the discretion of the organizers, 3 to 4 lecturers will be allowed. Combinations of 15/20 minutes presentations are welcomed. Symposia is organized as a series of spoken presentations on a theme. Preference will be given to proposals that (i) strive for timely synthesis between existing disciplines, combining speakers with different background (basic or translational science, clinical aspects) from different countries; (ii) explore novel approaches that will expand vestibular research in new directions.
- Controversy Panel will last an hour at the most including a moderator and 2 lecturers, who have to present a topic of interest to a broad group of Bárány members. Topics could include an approach to a particular technical innovation, diagnosis advance or an important goal undertaken by a working group such as the International Barany Classification committee.
- Free Papers will present an original investigation conducted on vestibular science from basic to clinical research. Well-documented retrospective case series will be accepted. The Barany Scientific Program Committee will select the abstracts for a Session Topic, speech or poster presentation.
- Free papers selected as Podium presentations either for a Topic Sessions or for a lecture will be notified to the authors. Each speaker will have 12 min (+3 for discussion) in the Topic Session and 8 min (+2 for discussion) for the speech.
- Poster presentations will be considered as relevant as a podium presentation and they will be awarded by the Program Committee. Authors will be required to be present with their posters to explain why they should be awarded with such distinction. A limited number of posters will be previously selected and tagged appropriately for the poster presentation session. Three posters will finally be selected. The Award Poster Session will be hold on September 9th 2020 and the best poster will receive the Lorente de No Award.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION: download the Symposia, Controversy Panel or Free Paper proposals forms and fill them out. Attach your proposal and send it NO LATER than the dates stated above (earlier submission is encouraged). Once the form is submitted it cannot be edited.
Notifications of accepted proposals will go out by November 30th, 2019 for Symposia and Controversy Panel on April 1st, 2020 for Free Papers.
All accepted participants in the Symposia, Controversy Panel and Free Papers must be registered to the congress.